Sunday 17 June 2007

A Little bit of Politics

Before we at the DPPF pull up our drawbridges. We have decided to give local politicians a say.

Today, opportunity knocks for Mark (Huey) Green of the MPC, who is standing for the VRBC

1. Who are you and what are you standing for in the local elections?.

I'm Mark Green, I live in Moulton, and I'm one of those Sad People who like meetings and politics. I have been described during this campaign as looking like Ernie Wise (I can't see it myself - apart from the legs).
What am I standing for - I've got no chairs!
Actually I'm standing because I think I can do a better job than the current councillors of representing the people of Davenham (and Moulton) on the Borough Council. I'm also a life-long member of the Labour Party, and believe that the party is pretty much a force for good.

2. Do you have enough money to buy out Mr Lee and convert Davenham chippy to a kebab shop?

No - do you?

3. On your first day on the new council, you find 20 tons of weapons grade plutonium in an outgoing DPC members desk drawer. Do you
a. Sell it to the Iranians and buy out Mr Lee
b. Build a bomb and blow up Kingsmill
c. Ring the army and have it removed.

Unfortunately if I win it will be Vale Royal Borough Council and not DPC, so I won't know what's in their desk!

4. How much do you think it would be reasonable to charge for parking on the proposed Oddies multistory?

I do not think the proposed Multi-storey will ever go ahead, or indeed should ever go ahead; However, if it does then to maximise revenue it should be at least 10 storeys tall. The top 5 storeys should be free as I believe there should be no barriers to using the amenities of Davenham, but the top 5 storeys should only be accessed by stairs. as you get closer to the ground floor, the price should increase with parking at the ground level being at a premium price. Cars parked at the bottom could then be shown on a large plasma screen through CCTV showing other residents that they can afford to park on ground level.

5. Do you think the current DPC are any good?.

It's not the institution that is bad or good when you talk about a PC, As it's so small it's the individual Parish Councillors who define whether a Parish Council is "any good". I refer you to the answer to Q1. I'm standing because I believe residents can be better represented. Look at my leaflets for some more detail.

6. Will you be able to support our proposed fortification of the village with a grant? Or, do you know anyone that we can 'tap up' in planning? We could stretch to say £20.

If elected to the Council I will be happy to discuss with you your planing application, as I would any resident. Indeed I plan to hold regular surgeries so residents can discuss things with me. As I'm not yet a Borough Councillor I don't know anyone in planning at all.

7. The DPPF Mum reckons that Davenham is a beautiful village, apart from Bargain Booze. She still gets her tabs and ale from there, but wants to know if you've got the guts to take on a multimillion pound booze cartel and ask them a) to provide a bin for their customers and b) litter pick daily.

If the customers of any business are responsible for generating litter, then the business should be taking active steps to address this. The Borough Council should be ensuring that businesses are aware of this, and if I am a Councillor I will get the Council to do their part, and discuss with the business directly what they are doing to improve the situation.

8. Definition of Community, is it -
a) People sitting in church halls playing bingo and talking about the war?
b) Having organisations like the Cubs and Brownies to keep our children from getting drunk and smashing things up.
c) Having function rooms in pubs.
d) A tighter and more cohesive social entity within the context of the larger society, where family and kinship are at the heart of peoples value systems, and where other shared characteristics, such as place or belief, could also contribute to the essence of the community.

All of the above

Quick fire round.

Davenham or Kingsmead?

Davenham.

Daily Mail or Daily Mirror?

Daily Mirror
.

Beer or wine?

Depends, but as I'm sitting here now Beer.

Eastenders or Corry?

Eastenders if I must, but actually Shameless.

Question time or question of sport?

Should be Question Time, but actually Question of Sport.

Spicy chicken or donner?

Depends on answer to Beer or wine.

Ketchup, chili or sweetcorn relish?

Chili and Sweetcorn, but not Ketchup.

Butchers style or Laburnum field?

Tough, but probably Butchers Stile.

Blackpool or the Bahamas?

Blackpool, I burn in the sun.

John Maynard Keynes or Karl Heinrich Marx?

Bit of both, but mostly Martin Luther King.

Moss Bros. or TK Max?

Moss Bros
.

Clarkes Commando's or Dr Martins?.

Dr Martins.

Rally jacket or snorkel parker?

Snorkel parker.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More of this kind of thing please. One of the easiest ways to find out how a politician ticks - look at his kebab.

Anonymous said...

Dockers and a snorkel parker quality.

Gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

yay! what about the independent bloke.

Crow man rulze!

Anonymous said...

Does JB know Mark (Huey) Green, helicopter or memorable 70's talent show?, because he also lives in Moulton; although he bats for the other side apparently following his years at the high school.

Many thanks,

Concerned Darling of Mere Heath

Foxy said...

Dear Concerned, we welcome any intelligence that you can gather. However, we have it on good authority that the person in question, who's batting is of little of little concern to the DPPF, has roots in the village longer than Ken Dodd's incisors.